Recreation Programs Assistant
Position Summary: The Clearwater Resource Conservation and Development (RC&D) Council, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to help implement projects that support improved recreation experiences through programs and projects such as the 50th Anniversary of the National Trails Act; develop and implement interpretive media for historic routes and trails using technological formats; continued development of the GEM Trail; and public outreach for various National Historic Trails. This person will be working with and meeting regularly with the Forest Service and other partners to develop educational, training, and outreach materials intended to diversify visitors, promote high-quality and diverse recreational opportunities while preserving the experience for all, connect visitors to the intriguing history of the area, connect rural communities and visitors to boost local economies, and repair and maintain historic trails and places.
Organizational Overview: The RC&D is a 501c(3) nonprofit organization established and run by volunteer elected and civic leaders who plan and carry out projects for resource conservation and community development in Clearwater, Idaho, Latah, Lewis, and Nez Perce counties. Information about the Clearwater RC&D Council is available at clearwaterrcd.org and on Facebook at facebook.com/ClearwaterRCD.
Position Oversight and Work Location: The Recreation Programs Assistant will be employed by the RC&D; however, the position will be located in the Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forests Supervisor’s Office in Kamiah, Idaho, and daily supervision will be provided by the Forest Service’s Recreation, Wilderness, Trails, and Rivers Manager.
Compensation and Work Schedule: The pay rate for this position is $13 – $15.75 per hour, depending on experience and qualifications. This is a temporary, full-time 40 hours per week position that is funded on soft money for 12 months.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Download the complete Request for Qualifications here
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Education or experience in natural resources and/or social sciences related to natural resource management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with design of outreach and marketing materials specific to project needs.
- Must have valid driver’s license and pass defensive driving course.
- Positive attitude and desire to join a friendly, collaborative working environment.
- Motivation to take on work outside of the immediate job description in order to support the RC&D’s mission to promote natural resource conservation and community development throughout North-Central Idaho.
- Experience in managing projects and collaborating effectively with partners.
- Experience writing and administering grants.
- Familiarity with cultural, historic, and recreational issues in North-Central Idaho preferred.
Application Process: Please download and review the complete Request for Qualifications. To apply, email a cover letter, resume, and at least 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00 a.m. PST on November 13, 2018. One example of writing or outreach materials where the applicant was the primary author is also encouraged, but not required.
Contact Info: If you have questions regarding this position, please contact the Clearwater RC&D Executive Director, Barbie Miller, at (208) 883-4471 or email@example.com.